Wednesday, September 2, 2015



August 31, 2015
Hey everybody,

This week felt insanely fast. We had interviews with President Bell on Friday. That was a great experience. He is such an amazing guy. He's not really what I was expecting. I thought when I read that he was am former Air Force Colonel that he would be way different I thought it would be like  military and serious stuff but he's totally not. As soon as I got off the plane he dropped me in big bear hug, he's just such a loving man he's one of the greatest people I've ever met. I learned a ton from him in interviews and then last night was the mission president's devotional. It was one of the coolest meetings I've ever been to. A bunch of recent converts and investigators got up and bore their testimonies; it was just so special. There were a bunch of recent converts and less actives there and the spirit was just so strong you can feel that everybody was learning something. We had a really cool experience earlier Sunday, so we had an investigator who is actually a neighbor to one of the guys we got a date for baptism. But, they were trying to talk to their sweet talk to this investigator and he told us that he would come to church next week if we could get him a ride but he wasn't going to come yesterday.  We said sounds good we'll get you a ride and we didn't think too much of it until we saw him walk through the door Sunday. Elder Murphy had to translate for the meeting so I saw was in your in sacrament try to answer all of his questions and at the very end he just looked at me and he said, "you know I think you got me this is really really special I feel really good I just feels something about it feels right." And then we showed him a picture of the temple and told him how he could be sealed forever instead of just made for till death do us part and he's like you know that if I ever get married again that's where I want to be married. And then after that he went home because he had to take his daughter back to her moms, his ex-wife, but he came back to see the end of church for the linger longer lunch the ward was having and he was sitting at the end of the table with his daughter and a member just randomly walked up and started talking to him and ended up talking to him until the end of the lunch.  At the very end of the lunch the member invited him over for a barbecue with the missionaries probably the coolest thing that happened this week we're going to keep in contact with him this weekend keep teaching him and he feels like it's right. He called us today when we were in Walmart shopping for groceries with questions about The Book of Mormon and he was just totally open to learning about it and he's excited about it is a very strong interest hopefully soon we can invite them to baptism so we can take that next step in coming closer to the Savior and accessing the Atonement. 

Everything's going good.  Tyson has a meat processing plant about 20 minutes away in Holcomb, in fact most of Garden City works there, if you walk up to house and see rubber boots and knife sharpeners you know they work at Tyson.  There's feedlots out here too and they are absolutely huge, there are four or five big ones all within 30 minutes of Garden City. They are all like the size of that one Grandpa and Grandma showed me in Yuma. 



No comments:

Post a Comment